A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Guilty Pleasures?

Today has been a good day off. I've been 'puttering' around, doing random things. Got my car to the VEIP for emissions inspection, and bought a CD storage case at Staples. I did this because I have one for music, and now one for software/games and ROMS/movies & TV. I'm thinking of making the transfer from a DVD shelf to an album, but can't decide if that's what I want to do yet or not. Plus my DVDs are a mess, anyway.

So I discovered a new guilty pleasure this week. 'The Cutting Edge'. I LOVE THIS MOVIE. I've probably seen it a dozen times, but still get excited when I happen across it on the Hallmark channel or USA or wherever. A lower budget 80's romantic comedy about figure skating...and I'm ADDICTED. How odd. But it got me thinking about the other romantic comedies that I have seen and enjoyed that are somewhat out of character for me...Return to Me, You've Got Mail, Dan in Real Life...am I becoming wussy as I get older? Is the fact that I would equally enjoy either sorting through antique teacups with mom or fragging n00bs with my l33t skillz on X-Box make me somehow less manly? Quite the metrosexual quandary. Not that I feel afraid to embrace the metrosexual lifestyle, in part anyway, but it's SUCH a mental gearshift. I mean, going from a discussion of drapery coordination and colors to the overclocking of a Hemi on a '69 Charger is almost a different way of thinking.

Not much else going on...looking forward to seeing Behtia in a couple weeks...we'll be registering, finalizing tux choices, nailing down a place, and other fun weddingy stuff. Also will be celebrating her birthday. Now here's a tip for those unmarried persons out there...find out when your significant other's family's birthdays are BEFORE you get too involved. B's dad and sister both have early April birthdays as well...bringing my grand total of birthdays between March and June up to at least 8. That's ridiculous. And I have maybe 1 or 2 for the other 2/3 of the year! People need to have more fall birthdays here!

My work here is done. Farewell.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have the same taste in movies! I share your love of "The Cutting Edge"! And of course "You've Got Mail!" I'm also happy to oblige you with my fall birthday, although you have crowded up my busy July, including sharing the same day with my Dad! ;)
--P

1:19 PM, March 20, 2008  
Blogger Fliven said...

Ha ha, yeah, I did kind of add to the July bunch. So did DK and Maryment. But that's what I'm saying! Not enough fall/winter birthays among the people I know. Also, every deft move I make in any board or card game, or just in general, I refer to as 'the Pemchenko'. :D Thanks, P!

--B

3:22 PM, March 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home