A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Lookin' Snazzy

Well, since last Saturday, when I posted because I was extremely bored, not a lot has happened, since I am STILL at work, and STILL extremely bored. I have discovered some fun new things online, and have done some small steps in the greater progression of life, however, and will regale you with the tales of such.

So this week continues the 'where to have the wedding' discussions. Looks like it will probably be in the Atlanta area. I know, I know, those of you who are in the greater DC metro area are like 'nooooo!' but please be aware that I DID ask, I HAVE put my two cents in, but I DO want my bride to be happy, and she and the mother-in-law want to have it down there for ease of wedding preparations. No word as to specific location yet. Plus it'll be a good excuse to road trip, (don't speed from Charlotte, NC to Gaffney, SC. The cops are quite vigilant in that area. Also, you can check out the Atlanta Aquarium whilst you are visiting, which is really neat. On par with Baltimore, in fact.

I've also been looking at tuxedos. I know at least some of you will expect that I get a bizarre tux. And I might. There are some VERY nice black velvet pirate coats out there. And I found some Victorian suits (http://www.gentlemansemporium.com for those looking for similar. Good prices, good product)that are neat. I really like a longer coat, and perhaps a 'mandarin collar' option is good too. No bowties. No cummerbunds. I'm thinking monocles might make an appearance, but that really depends on the tux style.

What else is going on...my health is good, I've been eating my citrus. Mmm...Vitamin C...umm...just finished watching The Office Season 3 on my iPod (whom I am naming 'Pequod', for several reasons. One, its got a similar sound to 'iPod', is the name of the ship in Moby Dick, a story about a white whale, and what do whales travel in? Pods! Thirdly, the word Pequod is named after an early American Indian tribe, the Pequot, which translates as 'The Destroyers', which is just cool and will intimidate all the other iPods.) and am now looking for something else to watch. This writer's strike thing REALLY needs to end. The good news is, I got all my iTunes material transferred to my portable hard drive. This was an issue at first because our computer is like, 8 years old and the USB ports were ancient and slow. But I used up all my Tech Geek Mojo and went to Staples, bought a PCI USB 2.0 card, which turned out to be the RIGHT ONE, and got it installed and working on my FIRST TRY. There was a little rush of geeky joy, accompanied by the 'new tech working' jig.

Also, I beat Rock Band. I am a ROCK LEGEND. Just thought I'd share. I have a couple links I wanted to send out too, but blogger.com is being capricious and isn't allowing me to insert links. Still, I'll paste them in below.

This is a 30-second spot combining Toyota and World of Warcraft. Its a stitch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2_ueohYRhU

George Lucas in Love. Classic fan film.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STRja-ABexU

Peace out. Colbert for President '08!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: strike watch. Have you seen 30 Rock? It is almost on par with The Office in terms of enjoyability. -MB

9:28 AM, February 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home