A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Winter of Our Discontent

We've had about 4 cold days here, and already I'm sick of the cold weather. Could be because of being engaged (sorry, no recent developments, although I already told my sister she can't be in the wedding. Not really, though, I just say it so she'll quit annoying me. Also, the Fliven guest list is a bit long at present. As such, the first 10 people to post a response on this blog will be eligible for attendance. Everyone else is CLEARLY not my friend and thus will be cut. Ha ha! Kidding! I'm going to flip a coin later on) or it could have other reasons. But seasonal depression is setting in early this year. Plus my sister wants to do all sorts of "family activities" for Christmas this year, like foregoing the usual coffee and gifts Christmas morning, and getting up and working at a homeless shelter instead. Now, there's nothing WRONG with that, in fact its laudable, but I shouldn't feel pressured from my sibling who may or may not be cut from the wedding if she doesn't shape up to do this on my family day. I mean, don't the homeless need food and blankets in February, too? Wouldn't it be smart to do it then? Lots of people volunteer around the holidays, or more than usual, anyway, so it makes sense to me to do it at an off-peak time. It would be more appreciated or something. But she's got it in her little head that this is what we should do, and if ANYONE'S schedule doesn't allow for it, she's going to pitch a fit and ruin Christmas. I'm going to go ahead and blame Hollywood in advance. Mostly because she lives in L.A. (did I mention that? yeah, she moved out there a month ago. completely randomly.) and has the proximity thing, and because she's seen one too many smarmy Christmas movies. I bet you a dollar she wears a Santa hat to the homeless shelter.

Anyway, lest I appear Grinch-ey, I AM excited about Christmas, have some great gifts for other people lined up, and have no beef with the homeless and would be glad to serve them food at any time of year.

3 Comments:

Blogger Caren said...

So...how many people do you think will leave a message? I'm so excited for both of you. I'm sure that you guys will figure out who to invite and it will be a joyous occasion all around!

6:24 PM, November 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oo, reserve me a spot! :) And, I feel ya on the seasonal depression thing. I find it helps to throw myself into a project--wedding planning, anyone? Or a sun lamp. Or blogged sister-bashing. Or Zoloft. -maryment

9:59 AM, November 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PD Privilege! PD privilege by God!

La

10:15 AM, November 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home