A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Bored At Work Again...

So last night I dreamed that I had to eat mixed vegetables. Pretty awful, right? Of course, those mixed vegetables consisted of spiced potato cubes, broiled butternut squash, carmelized onions, and stewed carrots. I remember being ok with everything but the squash. Maybe it means I hate squash or something. Or perhaps that I am still repressing bad P.E. memories of playing the tennis-like game of the same name for weeks on end.

Nothing much new to post...I know I say that a lot, right? Um...I'm still engaged. The wedding is less than 9 months away now! We've gone location-shopping recently, and have a couple good ideas. I'll let you know as soon as we decide, foregoing the "Swedish surprise" avenue of location announcement.

Do you think its acceptable to put the special edition of Rock Band on your wedding registry...? I've been thinking of lots of random stuff to put on there, but I am told that the registry is for all the boring household stuff like chafing dishes and fruit juicers. It looks like we aren't going to NEED that much of that kind of stuff, both of us being older as we are. I think between us we already HAVE like, 2 microwaves, 3 waffle irons, 2 blenders, 3 sets of dishes, and so on. I even have a vacuum cleaner. Not much left to ask for. Maybe a nice set of kitchen knives, but word is that its bad luck to give knives as a wedding gift, because it symbolizes wanting to sever the unity blah blah blah. I'd LOVE a nice set of Wusthof Grand Prix knives, or, while I'm dreaming, a complete set of left-handed Shun knives. It'd be outstanding!

I'm heading down to ATL in about 2 weeks to see my sweetie. We get to do fun stuff like look at apartments and go furniture shopping. (Blondie, remember when I ran into you at Tyson's? And I suggested the giant bean-bag store? We are SO going there and getting one!!!)

And now I'm just sitting around at work, slowly freezing to death because they have the air conditioning on, and playing online sudoku. Found a good deal on chainmail while online, though. Aluminum, too, which means a suit of it will weigh like, 15 pounds, rather than the 45 pounds my current steel mail weighs. Not that I'm going to get it or can afford it. Perhaps for the registry...his and hers chainmail hauberks are weddingy, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home