A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Rooks & Squids

That'd be a fun name for a band. But it also has a much more significant personal meaning. Let's read on.

Last night, Charles and I took on the folks in our favorite card game, Rook. It requires 4 or 5 to play, and is a lot like Spades or Hearts. Its awesome. Dad and Mom have been playing it for like, decades. They won the first game, but Charles and I OWNED the second game. No contest! It is named rook, because there are 4 different colors of number cards (green, red, black, and yellow...oddly Jamaican in that respect) and one high-point wild card with a picture of a hideous bird on it. The Rook. And I did not get it AT ALL yesterday. Stupid bird. Anyway. Yes, I am SO bored at work that I'm writing about a card game in my blog.

I mention squids because of my recent visit to Atlanta. There was much searching for apartments and weddingy places whilst I was down there. Good times. We found a great apartment, but its still a few months early for that. Probably around June I'll be heading down. We also played 'Whirlyball' with the youth group of Behtia's church. For those of you in the northlands, Whirlyball is like polo, but in bumper cars instead of on horses. Its very entertaining. Had dinner with the future in-laws at an Italian place while visiting, which was fine, but the appetizer was Calamari. And I ATE SOME OF IT. Yes, people, I love this woman enough to eat fried squid tentacle. It was like a piece of onion ring that had been left in the fridge for a couple days and then reheated in the microwave. Not too bad if you can get 'tentacle' out of your brain long enough to eat it.

Anyway, made it down and back safely, am narrowing down options on tuxes, and everything is just pretty much going ok! Work is boring, as usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home