A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Getting Things Together

Nothing beats having a wedding in six months to light a fire under you in getting all the little projects and nagging things done in your life.

The past couple weeks I have inventoried my belongings, gotten rid of a bunch of stuff I don't need, and completed several personal projects. For instance, I had my phone upgraded, and at the same time, scaled down my plan to the bare minimum. I have 4000 rollover minutes saved, so it should be about 20 years before I run out of those. I don't talk on the phone much. My siblings are aghast that I only have 18 contacts in my phone, as well. They have between 100 and 300 each. On the upside, it only took me 15 minutes to re-enter all my contacts into my new phone, so nyah nyah to them.

Let's see...oh, the coins I was going to sell, that I mentioned a couple posts ago, fetched a surprising $183! Sweet! Cash in my pocket! Its something I had been meaning to do for some time and finally got around to it. I also found out that I happen to be an undiscovered jewelry genius...or have jewelry luck. Last year, when I bought Behtia's engagement ring, platinum was $1200 an ounce. It is now a bit over $2000 an ounce. Which means I could (but would never) sell back the ring for at LEAST half again what I paid for it. How awesome is that? Got on board the plat train at the right stop!

Other projects have included phone rebates, sending my old electronics to a 2nd-hand place for refurb or disposal, cleaning out the car, and finally taking my guitar in to see about restoration. I'm doing that on Tuesday. My next task, probably next week, will be the daunting attempt of organizing and packing my library. I really don't need every single book and movie right up until moving day, so it makes sense to do it now., when I have the time.

Is it weird for a 30-year-old and a 24-year-old to spend their Saturday night discussing plans and downloading schematics to build a Serenity ship replica out of Legos? Don't answer that.

Can't think of anything else that needs posting...I'm looking forward to my next post, which will be my 200th! I feel that some sort of celebration or commemoration is in order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home