A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Slaying Monsters

Last night the computer got a virus. Normally I wouldn't care about little insignificant spyware crap, but it was messing with my home internet page and creating pop-ups and all manner of annoyance. Time to hitch up my nerd pants and brandish the 3.5 floppy disk of wyrm slaying! Oh yes. It was awesome. This day and age its easy to forget the DOS commands and 16-bit graphics of the computers of old; now only encountered when you have to perform surgery on your software. The good news is that after using 'safe mode' and doing some DOS commanding and running a reliable anti-virus, I hath slain 16 virii that were lurking or piggybacking or whatever. It was awesome. Except that it was about 20 degrees where the computer is in the house. Makes your victory dance more of a blanket-covered shuffle at that temperature.

Today I'm at work, and its slow, but there's still stuff to do. Am updating my resume (I built it in Adobe InDesign, so it looks awesome. Cause it just doesn't do to have a boring looking resume when you design print items for a living) and will soon be sending it down to the nether realms of ATL. I've also decided that I can make fun of Atlanta, and soon the south in general, since I am going to get married and live there. I'm also looking for Confederate flag decals for my Honda.

Speaking of which, I am going to sell some coin and other historic moneys that I had collected later this week...keep your fingers crossed that I get a good deal. I am expecting around $100 or so for the lot. It would be all coinage, but I have a $10 bill from the CSA (I got it as a gift). I asked Behtia if the money's still good down there, but she said probably not. And that we probably wouldn't want to associate with the persons who WOULD accept it as legal tender. So I'll see what I can get for it at the coin shop.

Transmission ends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home