A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Random Thing

Couldn't think of a good title. Man, what a rough night. Seriously, wanted to get a good night's sleep cause I had to work from 9-1 today, then drive to Greensboro, NC this afternoon. But alas, it was not to be.

First, I needed to update my iPod with fresh tunes and playlist for the journey. Unfortunately, somehow my iTunes library file got deleted! Luckily, I had one that was about a month old, plus all my songs and movies backed up, so it only took about half an hour to get everything back on track. But still, that's really annoying. And the internet connection at the house is being really slow and obnoxious.

Second, Charles has been watching Firefly. I told him MONTHS ago, perhaps even YEARS, that it was a great show and he should watch it, but no. I think he finally saw Serenity a couple months ago, and liked it, and so I pushed the TV series again, and finally he said 'oh, its all the same people...ok'. Strange boy. And he LOVES it. Who was right? I did warn him about post-Firefly 'no new episode' depression. Which he now has. But you can't, as a fan, know that there's Firefly playing in the house and not at least stop by for a bit.

Third, I got addicted to Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series. For those of you not familiar with the original, its an anime show about a card game. Some brilliant mind with a lot of free time has taken each episode, in order, and made 5 minute digest versions that completely make fun of the original and are HILARIOUS. So I was watching a bunch of those. Do a search on YouTube if you are interested. Or really bored.

Fourth, the stupid cat. I don't know WHO opened my hall doorway in the middle of the night, but there I was sleeping, when I woke up to a cat sleeping on my chest, making it hard to breathe. It was like having fuzzy, purring asthma. Why do they INSIST on sleeping as close to your head as possible? Do they not realize that people have to breathe? That and she smacked me in the face with her little paw whenever I moved. So I chucked her out the door.

Anyway, I'm a little tired today. Day 11 of giving up red meat and sweets for Lent. Maybe that's making me cranky. Mom making chocolate chip cookies yesterday didn't help, either.

The good news is that I get to see Behtia today. We're meeting to get caught up on wedding plans, and I'm going to fill out my half of our apartment application. Sweet! New apartment! Still trying to puzzle out how I'm going to get 2 tons of books (seriously, 2 tons) as well as all my other stuff down there.

More next week, as well as an apartment/wedding update if I can.

Porkchop Sandwiches
Hey links are working! This, if I haven't posted it already, is a GI Joe PSA spoof that I thought was a stitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home