A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Long Days

What is it that makes a day long or short? Is it entirely the perception of the individual? Whatever it is, today is a LONG day. The last hour has lasted approximately 1.3 light years, in my reckoning. What makes it worse is that I got up at NOON. I've only been up for 8 or so hours! Ridiculous, right?

Today is dad's birthday. He is 62. Which got me thinking. His dad was in his mid to late 40s when he got MARRIED. And Dad was born in what, 1946? And a second child...so, I'll have to check, but lets say they were married in '43. There's a VERY good chance that I have a GRANDPARENT who was born in the 1800s. How old do *I* feel now?!?! I'll check the dates to be sure and re-post this. 3 generations spanning 3 centuries. Scary.

Umm...not a whole lot going on since Saturday. I've cleaned 2 out of 5 rooms in preparation for Behtia's visit, but have the next 2 days off to get the rest done. My car will NOT be needing washing, as we've had tons of rain, but I did clean out the interior. Does sword cleaning count...? I did that too. Noticed 2 or 3 burrs on my 'swashbuckler' that need sharpened out. I'm toying with the idea of selling it, but can't bring myself to do it yet. Maybe I'll start posting the others on e-Bay and see what I can get.

Off to see if florists carry lilacs. I need to get some for mom for her birthday. I do it every year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home