A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

It's ALIIIIIVE!

So plans for rebuilding the Watkins Rapier, now lovingly being referred to as "Watkinstein's Monster", continue. This is yet to be confirmed, but it looks like I'm going to need a new neck, new pickups, a new bridge...basically everything but the main body. So I'll be putting a bunch of various parts together and then running electricity through an otherwise dead body in an effort to bring it to life. Ergo, Watkinstein's Monster. But its probably going to take about $300 to get all that stuff done, which may have to wait or done just a bit at a time. We shall see. Still, it'd be worth it to get an ultra-rare 50-year old guitar playable again.

No, I don't really play. I know maybe 2 songs, maybe 2 or 3 chords, and that's it. But I plan on learning to play it. And even if I don't, I'll look cool regardless.


In other news, work is getting nutty. I just put in 4 days in a row working on a deck that's supposed to go to print in 2 weeks, and is only about half done. Ugh. Which means I'll probably be working over Thanksgiving. Sucks to be me. But that's ok, cause I can work in my pajamas and watch anime and eat cookies while working.

Be sure and watch Heroes next Monday. It looks to be a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home