A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Lawrence of Suburbia

So...hi there.

What's been going on in Flivenville? Stuff, as per usual. Work, which has been fairly quiet of late, is about to get insane once again from now until the first part of December. The good news is that I have taken off four days after Christmas and one day after New Years', so I have a proper Christmas break, just like in school! 11 glorious work-free days. Maybe I'll have to do some freelance designing or something during that time so as not to lose my "edge".

This past weekend I reorganized my apartment, also termed the "Great Dust-Bunny Roundup" *whip crack* Yeeha! Previously, I had my bookshelves bisecting the room, with the walkway in at one end. Now it is centered in the room between bookshelves, which is much cooler, although I'm not sure how the functionality's going to work out yet. So far so good. Plus, I've started leaving my blinds open during the day, as to let more light in and thus warm the apartment more. A wise move, I feel.

Also this weekend was the journey hence to collect a new bonsai tree. My old one was 98.3% dead. I felt like Charlie Brown every time I moved or watered it, cause little bits of bonsai juniper would rain down on the table. Not cool. I planted it in a lovely spot by the edge of the woods, though. Gives it a fair chance, anyway. Plus the new one is much better! Firstly, its 3 small trees together, and they're deciduous. This entity has been named DeeMee. I recommend the bonsai place/nursery on Rte. 7 over in Reston. They have a GREAT selection, and the nice German lady there knows her stuff.

A few notes for fellow bloggers, then I'm out.
Ms. Wish To See: No NaBloPoMo for me. Sad, but I really really won't have time later this month.
Mr. Bad Apologies: Travel safe. Have fun!
Ms. Maryment: Do you hate the cheerleader on Heroes as much as I do? She is so very very irritating. Cool powers though.
Ms. Post No Bills: Love the corset! Those NY lesbians are fools to pass up a "comely wench" with renowned pancake-making skills.
Ms. Write Again Soon: Just dinner is not a date. It has to be dinner and something. Like dinner and a movie or dinner and dancing to be an official date-date.
Ms. I'd Rather Be Travelling: Put me on your "list"...I'm not voting tomorrow.

I'll see what I can do about getting pictures of new apartment/new bonsai tomorrow. Peace out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

Sigh. I think this will be your first time on the list. Are you registered to vote? If so, it's not too late to change your mind about tomorrow! Although I do commiserate with the hellish work load from now to Christmas (49 days to go). Still the fate of the country, social responsibility and all that...

3:04 PM, November 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home