A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Fate of the Rebellion

So, and I know my nerdery is showing, I am really excited this week because Lego Star Wars II came out. This is a video game where all your usual Star Wars characters, Luke, Han, Chewie, etc., are little plastic lego men, and you fly around in little plastic lego ships. Sounds cheesy but its not. Its actually really fun. The first game covered episodes 1-3, so this one will most likely cover episodes 4-6. Little lego Yoda, people.

Also, just got back from a trip to visit Behtia, which was really great. We celebrated our 1-year anniversary in fine style. We cooked and ate a candlelit dinner together. Awww... It was nice. Then we watched old episodes of G.I. Joe. Because we're weird. And because knowing is half the battle. We also went hiking and hung out at the mall and ate out a lot and other generally coupley things. Also got to spend time with Ishy during "Asian-themed" day.

Today they had a wellness screening at work, and I went, which was good. I found out that my diastolic blood pressure is a little high, so I need to cut down on my sodium. But my cholestorol, which I was afraid would be high (and those of you who know my diet can agree) but in fact, was an enviable 180. Yay! And my body mass and BMI are perfectly normal. So my health is doing ok.

Also in the good news category, my program here at work gave me a nice $300 gift certificate to United Airlines in appreciation (or possibly guilt) for all the work I did for them this summer, working the mad weekend hours and long nights. So now I'm trying to think of a fun place to go. Especially since I have a week and a half off during Christmas. Trying to talk Behtia into hitting London for New Year's. So I could celebrate New Year's five hours early.

Today's Important Link: Left-Handed Store! For all the right stuff for lefties.

3 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

According to my daily fare alert, WAS to LON from $458 for December (only $328 for November!)

I approve! What a fun work bonus! I *heart* London!

10:55 PM, September 22, 2006  
Blogger Caren said...

Okay, so if you come to London, you could take a RyanAir flight to Frankfurt, and come visit us for a couple days too....:) Pretty Please? It would be great to see you!

2:17 AM, September 24, 2006  
Blogger bad apologies said...

Thanks for the link. Left-handers of the world UNITE!

10:21 AM, September 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home