A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Questions of Nerdery

The cell phone saga continues.

On Saturday I received my new Cingular phone. Its black. Its shiny. Its new technology. I swear, the smell of new electronic stuff is almost as addictive as new t-shirt or new book smell. I love the interface on my phone, (SLVR), and am having fun putting iTunes into it. The bad news is I won't be able to bring over my old phone number, enmired hopelessly in the greedy clutches of Verizon, so be on the lookout for a new one. They gave me a generic blah number, but I'm hoping I can change it to something a bit cooler, and a bit more memorable. We shall see.

My bonsai tree (Englebert) is the coolest thing ever. It automatically adds artistic-ness to anything you put it near. Bonsai tree on top of the TV? Cool. Bonsai tree on the coffee table? Cool! Bonsai tree in the bathroom? Unimaginable levels of cool! It needs a couple years to fill out, but I think if I can keep it alive it'll be the awesomest tree ever.

In other news, I have been working mad hours. I worked a 15 hour day yesterday! Madness! Luckily they were nice enough to allow me to come in late today, and I don't have work on my desk for once. Nice to relax it is.

Finally, some very nice people gave me a gift certificate to thinkgeek.com, which I am deliberating on how to spend. Some fuzzy 20-sided dice for my car? A backpack that looks like Yoda? The red Swingline stapler? A +20 Shirt of Smiting? A desktop cataput? The possibilities...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home