A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Three in a ROW!

Lovely to see most of my loyal readers at Maryment's birthday shindig yesterday evening…good times…which brings me to the fact that there are only five (5) days remaining until my birthday.

Today's post will be a recap of movie and book reviews and previews. Let us start by saying that the only movie I really enjoyed within the last three (3) months has been V for Vendetta. It was an original, remarkable, and well-made film. Superman, X-3, and Pirates of the Carribbean were also good, but nothing to write home about.

I am starting to get excited about the prospect of seeing Ghost Rider and Transformers. Because, let's face it, Ghost Rider is the top 3 of baddest mothers of all superheroes; the other two being Batman and Spawn. For those of you who are not hip to the Ghost Rider, he's a real Hell's Angel…a biker in black leather who escaped from Hell to fight evil. He has a flaming skull for a head. Just Google it. Words don't do his badness justice. And Transformers! What cartoon show/toy is more 80's than that? I've seen some bootleg footage…its going to be visually amazing at the very least.

In other movie news, could there be an American McGee's Alice and Dark Crystal 2 in the works? Word on the street says there is! But we shall see what happens with those...its been too long of a wait to get hopes up at this point.

As for books…not so happy here. I've re-read some great stuff, but nothing good is slated to come out anytime soon. No Harry Potter…no Eragon book 3…no Simon Green books…no Terry Pratchett…what is a person to do?! How am I supposed to survive?!

That's it for now...I have decided to get a new cell starting August 1st, so be sure to bug me for the new number at that point. That'll leave me with 3 months to handle two phones, but that's ok. I can deal. Plus anyone I forget to give my new number to I will be in touch with via my old cell by then. It works. Its a good plan.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday. Do something spontaneous.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there is something to look forward too...a new Terry Pratchett coming out in October...http://tinyurl.com/qrj2f.

Have you you tried Jasper Fforde? HE has a new one coming out next month as well.

1:13 PM, July 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home