A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Resurrecting Post...

And with this post, Fliven's blog rises up out of the ashes of no-updates and soars like a phoenix with the promise of regular posting buoying its vibrant wings! Or whatever.

So yesterday I left work at 4:30, planning to try and hoof it to the American History Museum on the Mall to snap some Jim Henson exhibit photos before it closed. For those of you not living and/or working in DC, it was approximately nine thousand degrees yesterday, with a heat index of just over a bazillion degrees. Seriously, it was wicked hot. And me, being the dumb butt that I am, decide it'd be faster to walk over there, than try and take the subway. Its really only a 20-25 minute walk at a normal pace, and at my "no-nonsense long-stride city walk" only took 15 minutes. Still, I knew the museum closes at 5, so I was hurrying to get there as soon as possible. Made it by 4:47, and got to the door drenched with sweat, feeling nasty, all out of breath, and there's a big friendly sign that says "Summer Hours: 10 am to 6:30 pm". D'oh! So I stopped and recuperated. The good news is, I now have the Swedish Chef as my cell phone wallpaper. Remind me to regale you with the Saga of the Cellphone next post.

In other news, I am still living and working and doing my thing. Hoping to get my own place (not dependent on roommates, with any luck...) sometime this fall. Try to cut down on car usage and metro fare. Pulled a mad few weeks back in June, getting things done for the end of Q2; had several 12+ hour days, and about five 70-90 hour work weeks. They were brutal. But I love what I do! And I have a half a dozen coolie cool things to add to my portfolio. The saddest thing was spending 4 Saturday nights in a row on my couch in my pajamas with the laptop doing design edits. Nothing makes you feel less like a party animal than that, let me tell you.

Things with Behtia are going really well. No, no wedding plans yet. Our schedules are pretty screwy, as we have both just started working at new places and don't really have vacation time or a grasp on when the heavy times are, but we're making do. Behtia is going for her broker's license at the end of the month, so I'll soon get "dating a stock broker" bragging rights. Aw yeah. :)

Life is going pretty normally apart from that! Today's link is a really entertaining music video with bunnies. Warning: may not be cubicle-friendly, so use earphones.
"Everyone Else Has Had More Sex Than Me"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah! Let's celebrate the return of the blog-master!

3:09 PM, July 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, I knew you'd come back eventually!

9:28 AM, July 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home