A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

Good news: Behtia came for a visit this past weekend! It was good times. Saturday we ran around Ellicot City, and then went to the Hack and Slash Christmas Show: The Musical in the evening. It was so hilarious! Behtia got hit in the head with a sock monkey, which she got to keep, and then won a H&S DVD to boot! Some people have all the luck. The rest of the weekend was fun, too...we went to Inner Harbor and kicked around there for awhile. Behtia kept chasing the pigeons; a heretofore unknown addiction she possesses. It was really cute. We also did our Christmas exchange...I got a sweater, a calendar, and the Mort D'Arthur, which is the most gigantic book on King Arthur ever written. I'm excited about that...which means I'm a big fat nerd. Behtia received a lovely cross necklace that went over very well. I only had to go to 29 jewelry stores to find it. :)

Bad news: Got laid off. Our company closed over half its stores, because of the sucky Christmas season this past December. So people who had worked there for 5 and 10 years were suddenly out on their keisters. It was bad times. Plus I'm still kinda in shock. Last Wednesday I had no clue anything was wrong, and by Thursday morning, we lose half our stores and I'm out of a job! And my last day was Friday. Yes, I had a day and a half's notice. Not that I'm bitter, mind you, as I got some lovely parting gifts. But it was still rather abrupt. And this just means that I can get a better job somewhere else! Perhaps downtown, so I can "do lunch" with all my peeps down there. Or perhaps in Atlanta...who knows? ;) I mentioned to Behtia that it was weird because I lost my job at my last place of employment 3 months after I started dating Nyx (who has the same first name as Behtia, for those who don't know), and now lost this job 3 months after I started dating her! Apparently, I can't keep a job and a girlfriend going at the same time. Comments? Analysis?

Ugly news: My turtle died last Thursday. Last Thursday sucked in fact. Still have the heebie jeebies from disposing of weird mangled turtle corpse. There is nothing yuckier than a dead turtle in a puddle; except for possibly stepping on a giant slug in bare feet. It was ugly. But she received a kingly burial in a black padded, gold lettered knife box from one of my pocket knives, and now rests in a small (duh) unmarked grave in a little glen in the woods.

Ummm...that is all! I'll continue blogging regularly. Remind me to spin the tale of the continuing Saga of Rodolfo. Its fun.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! That DOES suck! Poor Fliven, poor turtle. And yet, so many opportunities lay ahead! -M

11:21 AM, January 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy! Do I have a project for you. Watch your email Kid-o!

La

11:56 AM, January 11, 2006  
Blogger Caren said...

So sorry about your job...that must have been a sucky couple of days. I'm praying that you find a job soon!

1:38 AM, January 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home