A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Month That Lasted 1,000 Years

And its still January. I don't know whether its the winter, the lack of employment, the missing of the girlfriend, or some combination of all 3, but this month has lasted forever.

Umm...not much new going on to tell of since last update! Counting down the days til February 10th, when I will journey to Atlanta for to celebrate Valentine's with Behtia. Oh! I did get my hair cut again. The process has now gone Ridiculously Long->Good Long->Prince Valiant->Grunge Band Member->Italian Mafia officer. Or something like that. The masses seem to like it, but I don't really like short hair. Still, its a good cut and hopefully I can get a job and start growing it out again.

On that note, have been applying to many many places, and have had a couple interviews. Most recently in Baltimore, which I'm still waiting to hear back on, but sounds really good. Plus I'd be at Inner Harbor, not the sketchy part of Baltimore (everything else). Keep your fingers crossed, people!

The family is doing well...we are all settling back into our post-holiday normal routine. Or as close to normal as we get, anyway. :)

On the more creepy side, the ghost of Rodolfo has decided to haunt our house. I caught said wily mouse, along with 3 members of his family, within the past 3-4 months. I have no problem with them until they cross the line...which they did. Eat crumbs? Live in the wall? Ok. Scamper around quietly at night? Ok. Break into and eat my unopened package of Chocolate Chunk Chips Ahoy? You must go down! It was a mighty hunt to get them all...trapped two in the basement, one in the kitchen, and one I was chasing around with a broom screaming tribal war cries and other alarming phrases and locked it in the bathroom...it drowned when it fell in the toilet. And now? We have seen no sign of mouse invasion, the traps remain untouched, and yet...I hear a small scrabbly run in the wall next to my bed at around midnight every night. If I find traces of ectoplasm or see a floating mouse with little mousey chains rattling, I may lose it. But until then, the mystery will remain.

Today's amazing link: "I Want One Of Those" --a site with tons of useless but really really cool stuff...like robot guinea pigs, cool watches, monkey heads, and tank rentals. Seriously.

2 Comments:

Blogger bad apologies said...

I want to see the new hair. POST A PICTURE!!

6:24 PM, February 14, 2006  
Blogger bad apologies said...

How's the new job?

4:50 PM, March 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home