A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Another Year of Weird

So today is my 29th birthday. I'm feelin' mighty old. But that's ok. Many thanks to all the well-wishers and card/gift givers amongst you...its really made my day! Otherwise it'd just be an ordinary day here at work.

Today I received an e-mail from a "Stroope.John", from a "uis.edu" address. As sketchy spam goes (no, I didn't download the attachment) its giving me pause for thought about today's educational system. Please read the following, which was the body of said e-mail:

Hello,

Monday, July 17, 2006,5:11:57 PM, you wrote:

>I think that you again operate impulsively in the manner
>calm down and tell though that any that simply more than
>simple charges your jealousy does not know a limit!!!!!

I do not understand why you still screen its all. I have collected already so much proofs, that listening to your remarks is inclined to think as at you with it something too was. Now I already avoiding half-words send photos where it does sucked to my boss! Well, also what you to me on it will tell?

P.S. To anybody it do not show.

If I from your neighbour learn as you have transformed it into a circus, I to you guarantee troubles. Within the next few days do not write, I have already drunk in office and I think to go for city that and you I wish.
--
Best regards,
stroope.john

Now my question is, how can people who talk like this be in college?! According to this guy I've never met nor emailed, I was initially upset at his jealousy limit, to which he brings up that stuff about screening and proof. And is he worried I'll send sucky photos to his boss? Or vice versa? And how am I supposed to turn it into a circus—clowns, elephants, big tents—I wonder? And he really shouldn't drink in the office. Maybe, if his middle initial is "B," he is venting off anger at being named Stroope, John B. I'm sure everyone sings the Beach Boys whenever he comes into the room. It must be maddening!

Today's fun is "Where the Hell is Matt?"...a website about a guy who traveled the world to all these fantastic places, and does a little dance in each place. It really makes you want to quit your job and do the same thing. And now he's getting sponsored to do it. I totally missed this option from my school guidance counselor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home