A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Another Day in Cubicle Paradise



Cubicle Paradise is what I have nicknamed my office space at work. Basically because its a cubicle, but the lighting consists of colorful tiny overhead halogens on a dimmer switch and wall spotlights. No fluorescent. So I have fun soft lighting, and in addition, there is a 4-foot palm tree on my desk behind my monitor. Its fake. Its name is Bert. Cubicle Paradise.

So last night I don't know what I had for dinner that disagreed with me (my options are: 2 packs of ho-hos, mountain dew, Wheat Thins, chicken strips, or homemade curry from a coworker) but I woke up from one of the most insane dreams of my life. Seriously, like if there's a dream you dream where you wake up screaming and go commit yourself, this would be right on the line. Words won't do it justice, and it sounds dumb in retrospect, but it comprised of having to team up with Chewbacca to rescue Meryl Streep from a rabid, semi-sentient tree. There may have been zombies in drag, a castle made of jell-o, and a leprechaun as well, but I can't be sure. I think my mind is blocking it out to preserve my sanity.

Also in the realm of surreality, yesterday I got on MySpace and looked at all the pages for people who graduated high school with me. So many names and faces I haven't thought of in a million years! And my buddy "Goose"! Good lord! He has to have what, quadrupled in size?! That's not right. I think I'm going to do the year before me today and see the weirdness there.

Glad its the weekend...I need to do laundry!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't aware that you had to eat anything in particular to have one of your psycho dreams... :)

12:18 PM, July 17, 2006  
Blogger bad apologies said...

Please provide photo evidence of Cubicle Paradise.

Thank you.

3:46 PM, July 17, 2006  
Blogger bad apologies said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hopefully you're not in, and won't get this until tomorrow. But if you are, hope Cubicle Paradise is extra great today.

1:41 PM, July 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home