A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Just...Flutter Away

So guess what I bought over the weekend? Based upon the various knick-knacks and odd accoutrements seen in my apartment photos, I am sure you have no idea. So I'll tell you! I bought a guitar. There I was, just killing time on eBay on my lunchbreak, when I decided to see if there were any cool guitars up for bid. And there it was. A 1957 Series 1 left-handed Watkins Rapier. (Yes, apparently there was a company called Watkins in the 50's and 60's in England that made guitars.) Its in pretty bad shape; needs new strings, a new bridge, a half-dozen screws and who knows if the pickups work or not, but it called to me. I swear, when I saw the photo, I audibly heard rock-n-roll riffs emanating from my screen. So I am making it my quest, my life's work, to bring this monster back to life! I know a guy who knows a guy who's the best guitar restorer on the east coast. If he can get it playable, I'll be happy. I can worry about body restoration later. Other than that, I spent the weekend watching movies and doing work in my pajamas. Also this weekend, I bought the 3rd out of the 7 Christmas gifts I need to acquire. And I know what the 4th and 5th will be, but haven't gotten them yet. I feel so on top of my holiday shopping this year.

The quote from the Title of this entry is from Six-String Samurai, a really really ridiculously cheesy and low-budget film made about 6 years ago. I recommend it if you like Elvis-era rock music, cavemen throwing gumballs, a cannibal version of the Cleaver family, lots of kung fu, the Spinach Monster, all in an effort to become the next king of Lost Vegas.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um Dude, do you play guitar?

3:32 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger Red said...

I *love* it!

*Do* you play? Are you going to learn? Or just employ the Dark Force?

9:25 PM, November 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home