A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Real Life is Grainy

Check it out! Here is my new bonsai tree(s), or the entity known as Dee-Mee. Please ignore the hideous tupperware with aquarium gravel, though...I forgot to read the fine print and realized that the trees, being tropical, need lots and lots of water, and my apartment has electric heat, which makes the room on the dry side. Thus, the humidity tray. I didn't have time (or know where) to buy one, and didn't know what one was until I read it on wikipedia yesterday, so I made one out of some ridiculous purple and aqua aquarium gravel and a tupperware cake holder. But it seems to be happier now.

Today I tried something new on my commute. I attempted to employ my portable DVD-player. It has an earphone jack, so no rule-breaking. Unfortunately, I forgot that its very temperature sensitive, and had it in my bag, where it got cold on the drive to the station. It took 3 stops before it would work. Definitely something that will need rethought or put on hold til summer. Still, it was entertaining watching Over the Hedge during my journey in to work.

And here is my new apartment scheme. Ignore the thing on the floor...that's just my cell phone case. But yes! An apartment just isn't an apartment without a throne, a wizard staff, a penguin butler, and a Lego pirate ship (top of the closet on the right). I have to tell you...I love moving stuff around, and rearranging furniture...but its just about the only time I hate having so many books. You're looking at maybe a quarter of them in the photo.

So far I'm enjoying the set-up, although I now want to put a picture of some kind in the little space in the bookshelf with my lantern and chess set. Hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home