A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Cats and Blondes

On Sunday my sister dropped her pet cat off at the parents' house while she goes to some podunk town in Nebraska to help some friends with something or other. I guranteed her she'd be bored after about an hour and a half. There's only so much corn a person can take before they start foaming at the mouth. This cat is fun; the family has been cat-less (my brother and sister each have one, but there is no "family cat") for some time now. This cat, named Gypsy (Actual name revealed! Special bonus material! Five points to Gryffindor!) is known to me by the alias "eyeball licker." This is because, the one time I was taking care of her for my sister, this horrid creature goes into my bathroom at like, 3 in the morning, drinks out of the toilet (thank God it was clean) and then proceeds to wake me up to gloat about it by licking my eyelids with its cold, cold little face. I was not in the best of moods. My brother's cat, Oscar (ANOTHER name revealed!! Easter egg!! You level up!!) is known by the moniker of "shipwrecker." When I had left the house one day, I come home to find my Lego Pirate Ship (long history, cherished Fliven item) on the floor of my room in about a zillion pieces and a small black face where said ship USED to be with the expression of "what? I was just sitting here!" Anyway, the point is, if I didn't like cats as much as I do, I'd hate them.

Not much else going on this week; debating going down to ATL for the next couple weeks and doing job searching. Otherwise, its life as normal in Flivenville. Cheers.

*Today's blog brought to you by the Special Committee for the Amusement of Blondes (SCAB, oddly enough), your local DTE branch, and contributions from readers like you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still cherish my copy of The Princess Bride which bares the names of many Fliven family pets. This book being inscribed nearly a decade ago, I am sure most if not all of these beloved pets are no longer with us. Alas. Good times.

Of course you would love my cat. Clearly, she is the best cat in the whole wide world. She can do no wrong. She has never been in the toilet or ruined a treasued item.

La

2:21 PM, June 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home