A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

The Yellow Bird Conflict

First of all, 'Yellow Bird Conflict' would be a great band name. But my conflict arises as yesterday morning, I was awakened by an anxious little dog who had to go out and pee. It was after 5 am, and since I usually get up between 6:15 and 6:30, there was very little chance I'd get back to sleep. So I laid down on the couch and put on Looney Tunes.

I am a man who likes his cartoons. Ask anyone. But I cannot keep my lip from curling in disgust when Tweety appears on screen. I LOATHE that little bird. Now its not because its a little yellow cartoon bird. I reference the fact that I really enjoy watching Woodstock from Peanuts, also a small yellow bird. Woodstock only not irks me, he/she/it entertains me. So I look at the differences between the two to try and divine what the cause of my feelings are.

1. Demeanor. Woodstock is always cool, unless you sit on him or mess with his nest. Tweety is constantly either freaking out or trying to cram 'cutesy' down your throat.

2. Speech. Woodstock cheeps. Tweety has an irritating speech impediment, and yet, Granny STILL can't understand her. What the heck.

3. Flight. A bird with wings of that size, with a head of that size, even making the great leap that it can fly, would fly wobbly and haphazardly, as Woodstock does. Tweety flies straight, hovers, can zoom in a straight line, the works. Its unnatural.

4. Supporting cast. Woodstock hangs out with the Peanuts gang, who are fun, and is best friends with Snoopy, the coolest fictional dog EVER. Tweety hangs out with Granny, who keeps her caged, and has NO other interaction except for a cat who has homicidal intentions.

5. Woodstock has no overused catchphrase.

We just got back from a week of vacationing at the beach. It was good to relax and unwind. I NEEDED it. Didn't get TOO badly burnt, which is good. And unusual for me. But we're back at the grindstone now. Yesterday I got sick, though...I don't feel bad, but I have a fever. A good night's sleep really helped, and I'm at work today, but am still a little light-headed. Fevers suck, but they're WAY better than vomitous or a stuffy nose. To a point, anyway. If it gets to the coma/brain damage point, that's not good at ALL.

Looking forward to a date with the wife this weekend! NOT looking forward to yet ANOTHER trip to the vet. Seriously, I've had to go at LEAST a dozen times in the last 3-4 months. Its ridiculous.

I got a Spongebob toy in my Cheerios. Awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home