A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Horrible Bosses

So my movie review of Horrible Bosses. It was a funny movie! A step up from, and more relatable to than Hangover, but still in that same genre. They picked the right people to play in it, that's for sure. Perfect casting. Although I can't really remember any one line or scene that really stuck out...which means either my memory's going or it just didn't have one. Or both.

Today is Friday, thank heavens. 3 days until my birthday, 7 days until vacation. UGH, it has been a long wait on that vacation.

Right now my wallpaper is a scene from the original Super Mario Bros. game. Although I may change it since it may give people the mistaken impression that I am playing video games at work. Which I would never ever do...maybe...I have tons of bookmarked websites that I visit regularly, and that usually takes up any free time I may have at work. I'm hoping the wife will help me get a copy of my back tattoo so I can see if I want to change/reink it. I am thinking one of three options...either find some way to combine/connect my back and shoulder tattoos together, like vines or armor plating or SOMEthing, or just embellish the one on my back so its more fancy...like a shield backdrop or landscape behind it...or just tattoo over it with something else. Money is always a factor, too, so I'll have to see.

Right now I'm in a pickle, because if I left NOW, I'd make it to McDonald's for breakfast, and as we are having hibachi tonight, I want to be good and hungry. But I'm not really hungry right now, and don't really want hotcakes. My taste buds are craving some fries and deelishus mcnuggets. Maybe I'll go in like, an hour. Eat from 11 to 12. Yeah, that'll work.

House update: I mowed the lawn yesterday. It has actually thickened up quite a bit from the past few weeks where the hot weather and no rain had thinned and dried it out. I REALLY need to get a weed eater though...the edges are getting a little sloppy. I don't have that much that needs trimmed, so I normally do it by hand and it takes like, 10 or 15 minutes, but the recent robust growth has made it a daunting task that I'm sure would take half an hour or more, and that's just ridiculous for hand shearing, when it'd be 5 minutes with a weed eater. I need to re-edge the lawn too. I never notice how much its crept in over the sidewalk and driveway till our neighbor edges hers, and then I'm like, crap, now I've got to do mine.

The other day we had a storm that was pretty bad...I say pretty bad cause we lost power for awhile, and the grill, which weighs about 80 or 90 pounds, at least, got blown over. You believe that? The patio chairs were fine, but the grill that's 3 feet away got blown over. The grill is fine. The wife's lily plant was not. Oops. Still, there are lots of other plants in the garden, and that one may live, anyway. And my strawberries are fruiting again. The plants are starting to do well, which is great. I'm hoping next year that they get HUGE so we have lots o' strawberry goodness. Cause who doesn't like strawberries?

We also have gremlins stealing our tupperware...not sure what to do about that. I'll have to find some more the next time I'm at the store to replace it. Its just one size, but its the size that's the most useful.

Remember: when the zombie apocalypse happens, there is no such thing as "safe".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home