A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Things To Do Before I Die

Finally finished my bucket list (or 'bukkit lizt', as the file is called on my computer). I found one I had done about 10 years ago, which made things a LOT quicker to finish. It was interesting reading it...I've done about a third of the ones that were on there, and a bunch of the others are either expired or dumb. And the rest were on my new list as well, so go me for being consistent. For example, 'ride the concorde' can no longer be done. And 'get a wax statue made of myself' is really kinda dumb. Not worth it. Although an action figure would be kinda cool...ha ha, mouse-clicking action, TV remote and dog-tennis-ball accessories...boring, but it'd be a hoot for me.

So here it is, in no particular order. Bear in mind that some of them are nebulous, while others are specific. And the list may change at any time. But its a place to start:
1. Drive a 1969 Dodge Charger.
2. Father at least one child.
3. Learn a foreign language fluently.
4. Visit the lands of my forebears. (1 down, 5 to go)
5. Map out my complete family tree.
6. Visit New York City.
7. Ride in a helicopter.
8. Learn to knit.
9. Construct a secret passageway.
10. Finish reading the Wheel of Time series.
11. Write a book.
12. Learn to play the guitar.
13. Be part of a sailing team aboard a large sailing ship.
14. Own my own home. (Done)
15. Get married. (Done)
16. Visit all 50 U.S. states. (17 to go)
17. Get a tan.
18. Grow a beard. (Done)
19. Be completely debt-free.
20. Drive a car above 150 mph.
21. Learn basic blacksmithing.
22. Ride a camel.
23. Drive a motorcycle.
24. Get baptized.
25. Meet a childhood hero. (Done)
26. Learn tai chi.
27. Win a race. (Done)
28. Make someone laugh till they cry. (Done)
29. Ride the Orient Express.
30. Go skydiving.
31. Open a Swiss bank account.
32. Spend the night in a castle.
33. Pass on a family heirloom.
34. Enter a poker tournament.
35. Build a model train village or dollhouse.
36. Restore a classic car.
37. Eat at Brighton Ice Cream.
38. Eat at Bob’s Big Boy.
39. Run a marathon.
40. Own a custom-made hat.
41. Work on an archaeological dig.
42. Write a movie screenplay ('Villains by Necessity'?)
43. Teach a class.
44. Die on my feet, sword in hand.
45. Fly a biplane.
46. Write a song.
47. See the giant redwoods.
48. Punch someone who deserves it.
49. Have my art hanging in a gallery.
50. Snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

That is an AWESOME list. I am sad that I didn't list some of them on my own list. And just to whet your anticipation, riding on a camel is CRAZY FUN.

9:39 AM, March 24, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home