A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Ice and Pins

Question: why is it that when I fill my plastic, liter-sized water bottle with ice, then pour cold water in it, the ice lasts maybe 5 hours before being completely melted, whereas, if I put JUST ice in there, in the same amount, but no water, I will still have ice up to 7 or 8 hours later? The answer: witchcraft. I need the number for an exorcist for my water bottle. Actually, this being the South, I can probably find one up the street on my lunch break.

Secondly, when it comes to selecting a PIN number, why does everyone pick a birthday or anniversary or somesuch? I have 5 different pins, none of which are the same, and none of which are my birthday or anniversary. But I still have trouble remembering things, plus have the added difficulty of dyslexia, so how do I do it? Pick numbers you already know, but that don't have any other bearing on your life. Like 1492, the year the Columbus discovered America. Or 1776. Or 1620 (pilgrims land at Plymouth Rock). Then you can pick up your debit card and associate it with a flag (easy if you're with Bank of America) and remember 1776. Or associate it with turkey and pumpkin pie. Or a man with a funny hat who tripped over a few continents on his way to China.

Anyway, that's all the tidbits of frippery I had rolling around in my head today. I'm going to go work on my bucket list now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home