A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

This is a common question. One that absolutely everyone gets asked at job interviews. Having had a blog for 5 plus years now, I can look back and see what I was doing/thinking 5 years ago, and whether I thought then I'd be where I am now. Let's see, at that time I was living with my parents, in a fair bit of debt, spending WAY too much time playing KotOR, had long hair, and was dating the Evil One. I was working part time at the knife store. Rough.

And now, 5 years later, I am married to the Good One, living 600 miles away from my parents in my own home, have a new car, a full-time job, and have a LOT of debt. But apparently its the 'good debt' and not 'bad debt'...I didn't know until recently that there was a difference. Kind-of like good and bad cholesterol. And I am not playing KotOR at all, but mostly because my X-Box is crap and I need to save up for a new one. Still wearing the same pants and t-shirts though. I wish I knew what company made our marching band t-shirts from freshman year, cause that thing is still in GREAT shape, and its been 18 years already!

So what happens in 5 MORE years? Time will tell. I imagine I'll have my car paid off, and may be trading it in for something with more room in the back for kids and junk. And probably a kid or two running around. A dog, certainly. May or may not be bald by then, but will have a significant percentage of my hair turn gray for sure, if the rate stays the same as it has been. Who knows? Maybe I'll finally get my job at Cartoon Network, as well!

Nothing really going on right now, just killing time during the lull at work we are currently experiencing. Plotting how best to finish cleaning my garage. We are SO CLOSE to having room for both cars in there...just 2 boxes of junk and a pile to go to goodwill and we're there. Very exciting. Also need to go shopping for a weedeater. Home Depot is my new favorite store since becoming a homeowner, since I end up going at least 5 times a week.

Naptime. Zzzz....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home