A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

MORE Turkey Goodness

Thanksgiving again. Don't get me wrong, I love the food, the naps on the couch during football, the heckling of the family, especially the time off from work, but it DOES seem a bit much. Fortunately, this year, all our groceries are bought, and all our Christmas shopping is done (with the exception of my spooty youngest brother William, who has not given me ONE Christmas gift idea. Seriously. How hard is it) so that's nice.

I'm really tired today. Don't know why, except that I didn't sleep that well. Umm...looks like we'll be heading to the parents' house on the 22nd or so, and stay til the 26th, so yeah. That'll be fun. 33 consecutive family Christmases. All but 1 or 2 were in the ancestral Fliven family manse. The others would have been at the grandparents' house.

The big fun this year will be Dad's gift...I found him a jawbreaker of heroic proportions. Back story: growing up we always split any jawbreakers either of us got, and one time when Mom was out of town, we each had one of those tennis-ball sized jawbreakers to munch on and watched Ben Hur, which is a four hour Charlton Heston movie. Good times. The one I found last Saturday is bigger than a softball. Seriously, you could crush someone's skull with this thing. Or use it for shotput. Or both. THAT would be a fun game to watch...put-shot-in-skull.

That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home