A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Another Saturday Night...

Gut Efenink! Zis iz Commandant Fliven...I am beink currently buzzink on ze vast amounts of chocolate und ize cream.

So yesterday I was working in the store, another typical slow day, when around 8:00 a group of not one or two but seven goths somewhere between the ages of 14 and 20 come into the store. Now, this wouldn't strike me as odd, as odd as seven people with black hair, black clothes, and black make-up is, but one of them had a baby. Now you would expect, viewing the appearance of the mother and her gothy crew that the baby would be goth as well. Oh no. This baby was blonde, blue-eyed, and wearing pink camoflauge pajamas. Which leads me to three possible conclusions: they collectively have no more than two or possibly three marbles in their heads, they have stolen a baby, or this baby is the Antichrist; because people would do anything for a cute baby, perhaps even bring about the end of the Earth. And it already had a cadre of dark minions...

Anyway...um...oh yes! The reason I was blogging was to give an update on recent goings-on! So what's happened? Lots of work. We hateses the work, precious. But! For all of those of you amongst my throngs of loyal readers ("My name is Bob, and I am a throng of one") I must needs provide you with the latest Behtia-related drama! Oh my yes.

Last Thursday, I'm sitting around, waiting for Behtia to arrive, just generally being a nervous wreck, when she calls and says there was an accident and she had to divert from the directions. Oh no. That was not good. So I ask where she was. "Near a McDonald's" was the response. Eventally we found her though (at 10th Street and South Dakota Ave NW...not a particularly fun section of town) and got her back to Fliven Manor. We sat around and watched some TV and then crashed.

Friday was spent touring the more fun section of town, which was neat, although the weather could have been better. There was a rather interesting competition going on on the Mall for solar-powered house designs. Some were really neat. Friday night was a fantastic dinner at the International House of Pancakes.

Side Story: Thursday I was checking out e-Bay, and saw a shirt that said "Waffle House Master Grill Operator." I want this shirt.

Saturday we visited ye olde Renaissance Festival with some of my fellow webring bloggers. We made Miss Madchen try on some period garb, which she looked lovely in, but did not in fact end up purchasing. Saturday night was spent taking a leisurely turn about a local mall and then going to dinner at the Melting Pot, which was scrumptious. Then we went home, reeking of fondue (my one sticking point about the MP...you smell like fondue for days) and fell asleep on the sofa. Oh yes, we may have allegedly made out a little bit in the hallway until I was weak in the knees, but I can neither confirm nor deny that...

Sunday afternoon we went to Great Falls and traipsed around. The rule of the day was "Don't Touch the Ecosystem!" Quite an enjoyable afternoon. We got some pumpkin spice latte's and talked for a bit. Then watched Simpsons Season 3 on DVD until five in the morning. I've never enjoyed watching Simpsons more. And then she drove home several hours later, which was sad. But the good news is I am going down to visit in 19 days. Let the countdown begin! Don't worry locals, I'll be back in plenty of time to stand in line in the cold for Harry Potter...

The link this week is for an important news article, especially for those of you with friends or relatives in Pittsburgh: Study Reveals Pittsburgh Unprepared For Full-Scale Zombie Attack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home