A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Whirling Dervish of Defectery

Today I have finally begun to catch up on all the processing of defects that is part of my duties...I have been remiss in this for some time, due to one thing and another. And you know, it takes a special kind of person to reach blindly or root around carelessly in a big box of defective German-forged kitchen knives. But that's why the pay me the "big bucks." And by "big bucks" I mean not the big bucks.

Of course, the big news today is that Behtia, my going-to-date-possible-relationship-if-we-can-figure-out-how-to-work-out-the-600-miles-separation-thing significant other will be arriving for a few days! I am deleriously excited and more than a little nervous. Something that's odd if you ask me--I can root around heedlessly without fear in a box of twisted, sharpened steel but this has me edgy.

Nevertheless, we have many exciting things planned, and things should go wonderfully. I mean, with renaissance festivals and museums and Old Navy and movies and fabulous restaraunts and hiking all with a beautiful woman on my arm, all while skipping work, how could it be anything but good? Although she hasn't seen Neverending Story. Which is just wrong. I'm going to have to start providing a "required reading/viewing" list for potential SO's. :)

Also, my hair is now short. And I still art no craven. (That's a quote from The Raven, for those of you who don't know, and the complete line goes "Though thy crest be shorn and shaven thou," I said, "art no craven.") It took 3 trips to 2 different hair salons, but I got it done. Phase 1, or the "larvae" stage, was getting the bulk of my long hair cut...so it was only just hitting the tops of my shoulders. I have to tell you, I had no idea hair weighed that much! It felt like a great burden had been lifted. This led to Phase 2, or the "pupae" stage, where I spent a day with hair that was just long enough to get in a ponytail. I went back and got more cut, getting closer to what I wanted, but the lady was incompetent and stupid; a deadly combination when a person has scissors next to your head. Thus began Phase 3, or the "my god what was I thinking" stage, had me spending a day with hair like Prince Valiant. Not good. Suffered through that until the next day when I went someplace else to a hair stylist who was actually good, and entered Phase 4, the "imago" stage, where my hair is as short as its going to get, and if I style it right, looks good.

Other than that, my health is good, my job is tolerable, my apartment is clean, and I have new Wheel of Time to read! Who could ask for more? And I had some important advice to share, but I forgot it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home