A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Webring Post #9

This week's (or last week's...I'm running a little behind...) webtopic, provided by yours truly, is:

If you had a time machine you could use only once, what would you do with it? Would you go to the past or the future? Whom would you want to meet or what would you want to see?

Well, I thought it was a fun topic. Once does include round-trip...otherwise, what would be the point? It'd be a Timeline scenario, where you're digging up your own sarcophagus. That has to be all kinds of disturbing.

My two thoughts are this:

I could go into the future, see how things turn out, and decide if I want to change things. Because a little extra cash thanks to lottery forethought would be very nice. Then I could build my castle in the forest, a cottage by the sea, and settle back and work on my memoirs.

Or, I could go into the past, meet some really remarkable people, and still make a lot of money. Knowing what I know about the stock market crash of 1929, I could make a killing! Just hang on to those certificates! Or baseball cards. Can you imagine buying an entire BOX of Babe Ruth rookie cards or autographed baseballs and putting them someplace safe until today? Or Action Comics #1? I saw a restored copy of that on auction for $250,000.

But its not all about the money. I have to admit, I'd like to go to Woodstock, or hang out with Charlemagne and Joan of Arc. It'd be amazing. How about getting daVinci to do your portrait? I bet that would really confound some art historians! Oh, how they'd squawk.

Most of all though, I'd like to go back and talk to myself as a child. Not to change anything, but just for the perspective on who I am as a person. I think that would be the most remarkable and worthwhile thing ever.

For more on this topic, please visit the links on the left-hand side of the page!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home