A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Webring Post #7

Assuming you will have a child in the future, what one attribute or personality characteristic or natural ability would you like to secure for that child (assuming the magic Baby Genie (not to be confused with the Diaper Genie) gives you One Wish). Also, the attribute can not be exemption from a specific disease/disability.

This is a very exciting topic, and my thoughts on the subject have been varied and in-depth. But I have come to the conclusion that my baby, assuming I have one, needs to have the attribute of super-human powers.

This is so when they are picked on in school for being skinny (which they will be) or being pale (which they will be) they will have the knowledge that they can do something about it--melt their tormentor's locker to a heap of slag with heat-vision, perhaps. Or use their telekinesis to tie shoelaces together. Hilarity would ensue. Plus I could hang out with the other dads and it would sound like this:

Dad 1: "My kid just got straight A's!"
Dad 2: "My kid just won the state championship football game!"
Me: "My kid just saved a busload of children and turned Mt. Everest into a statue of me."

It would ROCK! Proud Parent of a Superhuman, that's me!

And of course, the option of becoming a tights-wearing superhero in the flesh when they get older. Saving lives. Fighting the good fight. Hero to millions. Man that'd be sweet.

For more on this topic, please visit the webring links on the left hand side of the page!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home