A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Friday, September 09, 2005

O Weekend, Where Art Thou?

For a four-day week, there sure has been a lot going on. The past weekend (have I updated since the weekend...? I forget) was lots of fun. I worked on Saturday at the store and had the fortune to meet some exciting new characters!

First was a young man who was clearly trying to impress the young lady he was with. They come into the store, and he, with all confidence, asks to see the double-edged boot dagger. I place said boot dagger on the jeweler's pad on the counter. This brilliant young mind picks up the dagger and begins to flip it overhand to underhand and twirl it, while making grunting and whooshing noises. Being the legally-responsible clerk that I am, I ask him to not do this. He then proceeds to test the balance of this cutlery by balancing the hilt on his finger, trying to be hardcore. He is not hardcore, however. His coolness fails and he drops the dagger, tries to catch it, cuts his finger, and the knife lands on his shoe with a disturbing clanking sound. I take the knife back and give the misguided lad a band-aid. He was not Shenanigan material.

Then the "Loud Family" came in. They were nice enough, but used speaking voices at a decibel-level that would more be suited to a sporting event, riot, or particularly noisy natural disaster, instead of a quiet retail store standing two feet away from the sales associate. My eardrums hurt after that.

Sunday was spent at the Renaissance Festival--just an early visit to familiarize myself with the new shows and vendors and got to see an old friend, Pegasus, as well. Something we learned: do not read during the Renaissance Man's show. He will ridicule you for it. Sunday evening I went to see Brothers Grimm, which was quite enjoyable. Imagine a fairy-tale themed Brotherhood of the Wolf with a bit of Monty Python thrown in. I was accompanied by Poppy Girl, whom it was nice to spend time with, as always.

Monday I did a great big heaping helping of diddley-squat.

This week has been busy busy busy at work and I've been doing a bunch of stuff at home as well. Remind me to blog about the video game I'm playing. Tomorrow will be spent at the store again.

I leave you today with a quote by Jim DiGriz: "Even the dullest of lives can have moments of pure glory."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home