A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Neue Addictions

Today I've realized that everything I've been doing lately has feartured the Helvetica Neue Extended typeface. Why is this? Was it HNE's destiny to be used for these things? Or am I just addicted to the clean lines and friendly yet professional legibility? Truly, a question for the ages.

So the big question is, and I don't have to decide now, but I have been toying with the idea of going to the Maryland Rennaissance Festival "singles weekend". I went last year not as a single, and it didn't look that bad. Plus the prospective damsels would be "my people"...or at least one can hope so. I have two problems though...one, I can't decide now because I need more Nyx recovery time.

Hi, my name is Fliven, and I am a Nyx addict. (Hi, Fliven!) I have been Nyx-free for twenty days, now. (*clapping*) Some days are hard. Last week I had a few nights of waking up with a cold sweat and a severe heartache. This week has been better. Hopefully I can move on soon. (*sits down amidst nodding and looks of sympathy*)

The second problem is that I want to go to a show in Baltimore that evening, and I think the singles event will conflict with it. Something to think about. On the upside, the odds of wooing a damsel when you have long reddish brown hair and a kick-butt leather pirate coat are pretty good. Chicks dig the coat.

Today is going well! I've gotten lots accomplished, got to play with a Bushido wakizashi, and am doing some graphicky designing! Who could ask for more?

In the mood for a babka? Go here!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, go to singles weekend! If nothing else, it will make for good blogging...
-M

9:07 PM, August 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home