A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Webring Post #8

Write a topic of your choosing using ONLY lyrics from songs. You must cite the songs (with artist) at the bottom of your entry. Entries must be at least 200 words long (or use 20 songs). There must be a recognizable story line (not just "here are 20 songs I like").

Ok, before I begin, this is a hard topic. Not only do you have to come up with a topic, but then have to use lyrics to explore it with! Insanity! I will enjoy it to no end, obviously. But what to write about, without having to use weak, nebulous lyrics? Or have it sound cheesy, maudlin, or floofy? Tricky.

Here we go...my topic is What Will I Be For Halloween This Year?

On Halloween night, when the ghosts come out,
They all get together and they start to shout


So it's Halloween
And you feel like dancin'
And you feel like shinin'
And you feel like letting loose

Every post
Is a ghost
If you've got a witch's brew

And something's spooky in the pit of my heart

I'm not trying to prove a point to the walking dead

Don't know that I will but until I can find me

Pumpkin faces in the night

If you go out on Halloween night,
You'd better be sure to bring a big flashlight.


Beware of pretty faces that you find.
A pretty face can hide an evil mind.
The bat, the cat?

Dolphin and dog?
Koala bear and hog?

you can put your costume on

Well the bellhop is funky
The dumbwaiter's a monkey
There's a giant doing cartwheels, a statue wearin' high heels
Look at all the happy creatures dancing on the lawn!


So when ghosts and goblins
By the score
Ring the bell on your front door

Better give a treat
that's good to eat
If you want to keep life serene

To everyone he meets he stays a stranger.
I'll be what I am.

I'm more than a bird
­I'm more than a plane
More than some pretty face beside a train
Wond'rous apparition provided by magician!

Trying hard to fit among you
Floating out to wonderland

Trick or Treat for Halloween!

Ok, and now the credits..."Halloween" by Dead Kennedys, "Solitary Man" by Johnny Cash, "Halloween Day" by Veruca Salt, "Mammal" by TMBG, "The Other Side of the Looking Glass" by Alias, "Halloween" by the Misfits, "On Halloween Night" by Joe Scruggs, "I Wanna Get Some on Halloween" by Up Syndrome, "Secret Agent Man" by Johnny Rivers, "Hotel Detective" by TMBG, "Lookin' Out My Back Door" by CCR, "When I Grow Up" by Garbage, "Superman" by Five For Fighting, "Trick or Treat" by Paul Smith and the Mellomen.

For more lyrical goodness, please check out the other posts on this topic by using the links to the left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home