A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Belated Post

I figured I haven't really posted in awhile, so I am doing so today! Yesterday I was all blogged out from the ridiculously tricky webring post.

So what's been going on here? Work is crazy...we're opening up two new stores, and guess who all the new inventory has to process through? Oh yes. So...much...stuff! And my supervisor has decided to quit smoking, so is very irritable, which doesn't help. He says "I don't need cigarettes to have a good time!" and I replied "You need cigarettes for the rest of us to have a good time!" Props for quitting and all that, but really, he's getting on my nerves.

Things at home are going pretty good. William has renovated his room, despite all advice from yours truly, into a very spartan black, white, and beige theme. It has the aura of a tastefully decorated prison cell. I don't know where he gets it. Doesn't like books, good at sports, tan, doesn't collect stuff...there must have been a mix-up at the hospital. Except that our personalities and senses of humor are suprisingly similar. Like we were brothers or something...

You guys ready for some heavy-duty drama? I am involved with someone once again! How's that you say? What madness is this, you shout? I will spin the tale for you! My very dear friend Behtia, whom I have known since 1998, has agreed to a potential relationship! Huzzah! I know you are all thrilled to death. Details, you say, we must have details! Very well! Details you shall have! I was down in GA for the renaissance festival with Vayl, a friend from college, in the fall of 1998 and met her friend Behtia, whom she had gone to high school with. A lovely young lass of Irish descent with a ready wit and beautiful eyes. At the time I was a skinny geeky college student with no car, and though I liked her then, we didn't know each other well, and I was not ready for a relationship anyway, much less a long-distance one. So the years passed, and we kept in touch the entire time via e-mail, and saw each other once or twice a year. Nothing was really happening until recently, when the timing just worked. Plus at this point I am a slightly-less skinny but still geeky college graduate with a car! Oh, the progress I've made. :) There are issues to be worked out, such as the fact that she lives 600 miles away at present, but we as we were both single and interested, friends, compatible, etc., felt it'd be better to give things a try then possibly miss out on something good. She was planning on coming up for a visit in October, and I was going to mention it to her then, but then, in a moment of clarity, realized that "hm, springing new potentially hazardous information on someone when they're 600 miles from friends and family and supposed to be on a relaxing vacation probably isn't a good idea" so I asked her thoughts on the subject a while ago and it was received positively. Oh yes, I did the dance of joy. :) Anyway, keep your collective fingers crossed, and I will share more news on this as it develops!

Had to share this: World Beard Championships
Prepare to be amazed at some truly mighty beard-age.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really nice blog. Keep it up.

I found this blog on detector for cellphones .

I think it is a good thing that someone is educating us all on detector for cellphones. Simply PRICELESS!

Imagine giving someone you love the opportunity to LIVE by giving them the proper stuff on detector for cellphones TODAY.

1:10 PM, September 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats on having the guts to have "the conversation." The thought of such things fills me with dread...and vomit...
Anyway, glad you're happy!

4:32 PM, September 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home