A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Sweet sweet victory!

Today, my friends, is Friday. But not just any Friday, no! No, today is the Friday that begins my vacation! Oh my yes. A glorious two days of R&R. I am so thrilled, and even though the piles of work on my desk are developing their own climates and agrarian societies, they can not disrupt the pre-vacation zen that I have acheived.

So Ishy sent me an e-mail yesterday inviting me to Dragon*Con, probably the largest nerd convention on the east coast. I'll post the link at the bottom, but there are going to be some fun guests this year! Anne McCaffrey, Weis & Hickman, LeVar Burton, Kevin Sorbo...sounds like a good crowd. But my favorite would be Robert Jordan, who writes a book series that I really like, for those who don't know, and I have some words for the gentleman.

Let me explain.

For you Harry Potter fans, it would be like having 10 books instead of 5 to get involved with the storyline and characters, having to wait two to three years between books, and having him tease you with prequels and companion guides in the meantime. Can you see how this would drive an individual up the wall? Oh it has. I think I will probably leap over the table and grab RJ by the lapels and shake him till his teeth rattle and scream "write the freakin' rest of the story, you jerk!" Or something to that effect. Knowing my luck, he'd probably have a heart attack and die and the rest of the story would never get written. And I'd be in jail with nothing to read.

Also, I have a really great costume idea, but don't know if I can get it ready in time. Perhaps for KatsuCon or something next year it'll be ready. I want a costume of the Ancient from Ronin Warriors. I've got the hair for it...I've got the robes and such...but do I have...the hat...? See the photo above.

http://www.dragoncon.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home