A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The Sea Goat

Yesterday afternoon I got a package in the mail. Inside that package was a wind-n-go Mystery Machine toy from Burger King. Let the fun begin! Making these mini-rc's has become my new hobby. Its cheap, its fun, and I enjoy it. Yesterday was especially cool because to get the MM shell ready to mount on a chassis, I had to take an old pocket knife and some leather gloves and, using a stovetop heated knife, cut the bottom of the car out. It went perfectly. I was thrilled. However, because all my cars are at work, I couldn't see if it was actually the correct scale. Came in to work today and the shell fits the Herbie chassis very well. Some further tweaking will be needed, but it looks good!

Today's excitement, apart from the joys of mini-rc nerdery, has been a different kind of nerdery. The news is out that Brian Froud is in talks to make a sequel to The Dark Crystal. I am a huge fan, and this news almost made me weep with joy.

Here's the link: http://www.worldoffroud.com/www/news/main/index.cfm#dc

Other than that, its been business as usual. Looking forward to the weekend, am going to be mowing the lawn this afternoon, and that's about it. Maybe I'll also take 2 or 3 hours and schedule/reply to all the e-vites that Madchen sent out. ;) A couple do look really fun though.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! I bought the tickets already!! If you pick the tickets, you might be able to contact them and get seats next to us, still. Otherwise, you could buy the tickets seperately...

2:01 PM, July 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home