A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Hunting Balverines!

Yesterday was funny...my brother Charles came home from work and I was sitting around playing a bit of Fable. In Fable there is a type of creature that roams around called a balverine. He comes in and our conversation goes thusly:

C: So...what'd you do all day again?

Me: I told you, I spent it playing Fable in the basement hunting balverines!

C: Did you kill any?

Me: Yes, like fifty of them!

C: What kind of weapon did you use?

Me: A freakin' broadsword, what do you think?

It was really funny...we were both laughing for quite some time after that. Of course, then we staged it for when my other siblings came home, and they laughed as well. Merriment was in abundance yesterday evening.

This morning my mom calls me at six in the morning, wanting to talk to me before work. She knows I am getting ready for work at 8, but haven't left yet. So she called at 8...but forgot that Colorado has a two-hour time difference. Just wanted to make sure the house wasn't burnt down or anything. I said it was fine. Actually, I grunted and croaked that it was fine, to be perfectly accurate.

And then Nyx calls at around 8 to let me know that her schedule will permit us to go on our anniversary trip, which is a huge relief, since we might have had to postpone due to her having to be working on the weekends. And it would seriously bum me out if we had to postpone. Cause I've been looking forward to this trip for like, two months.

In other news, I just closed a deal on eBay for a 2-dollar Burger King toy of the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine, which will be modified into a mini-RC to add to my collection alongside the General Lee, the Mach 5, Kitt, and Herbie. Still looking for an A-Team van, an Ecto 1, and a Batmobile to add.

Today's exciting link: http://www.lego.com/eng/create/activities/worldbuilder/
A fun little sim-game that lets you build little lego cars and things. Good times, goooood times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home