A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

How independent ARE we...?

Fourth of July weekend! Day off of work! Sounds pretty great doesn't it? Oh my, yes. Little did I know that it would be filled with wacky misadventures.

Friday I took off early to spend the day with Nyx...we went and saw the frustrating and disappointing War of the Worlds, and then wandered around the mall for a while. I bought an Umbrella Corporation patch for my messenger bag, which I thought would make it look totally boss in a nerd-who-plays-Resident-Evil kind of way. More on that later. Nyx bought a cute skirt (Boyfriend Seal of Approval) and a CD that has a totally kick-butt song on it that I want to copy...think of the Lord's Prayer sung in Latin 7 or 8 times to a neo-Goth industrial beat. Good stuff.

Saturday I woke up around 10, and didn't have to go in to work until 2, so in the intervening hours, I decided to put the new patch I bought on my bag. Being the moron that I am at times, I attempted ironing, as I had ironed a similar patch (Irken Elite!) onto my backpack previously. But alas, the synthetic material was too fine or tightly woven, so not only did the patch not stick, I also managed to melt holes in my bag in the process. D'oh! Oh well. They're not big holes, and I have covered them with cleverly placed lapel pins from various of our company's vendors. The patch was then sewed on, which I did with the sewing machine. I know this will reveal my feminine side, but the freakin' bobbin would run out of thread halfway through! Why does it always do that at the worst times? But got it done. And it is cool looking.

Sunday I went to church, and then played Fable for most of the afternoon. That game is awesome. Lots of stuff to do, complete freedom of movement, and if anyone anyone gives you crap, you can beat them senseless or bludgeon them with a mace or zap them with lightning, or decapitate them with an arrow. The shopkeep overcharged me! *bludgeon with mace* That little kid called me "arseface"! *zap with lightning* and so on. Sunday's task was to collect all the Hero Dolls for this guy's collection, which you get by winning a bunch of tavern games. Also, my character wore a dark purple evening gown while I was fighting rock trolls, just to be impertinent.

Monday! Yay day off! So what do I do? Get up at four in the morning, at four in the morning, to go take my parents to the airport. They were entirely too peppy for four in the morning. My mouth is not physically able to smile, and forming coherent words is a real effort anytime before 10 a.m. Its their anniversary trip to Colorado (Motto: "Don't eat the pink snow"). From there I went back to bed. Woke up at 10 to go hiking with Nyx...really nice day for it. We romped around in the the woods for a bit, and then ate a high-quality McMeal.

Last night was big fun! Went with my siblings to see fireworks, and who should tag along but half a dozen Brits and a dozen Aussies! Coworkers of my sibs celebrating Independence Day with us. What a riot! There's something wrong about having British and British-ish people surrounding you on the 4th. Great people, but it just didn't feel as American as usual.

Today's fun thing of interest...http://www.thememoryhole.org/econ/big-bills/ Yo yo, gots to get me a stack of McKinleys, knowuimsayun?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home