A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Help! Friends! A guinea pig tricked me!

Ode to a Vendor

My dear little vendor
Who sends us lots of stuff
Why must you persist
in making my life so tough?

Can you not count
the items in your box?
Do you sit and make them up
while on your loading docks?

What need have we
of ten thousand wicks?
Or an ocean of ink
Or sealing wax in bricks?

And where are our swords?
Our helmets? Our lights?
No Zippos or knife blocks
Or chess sets with knights

Silly vendor, I will call you
You ignorant fool
Perhaps you'd do better
If you finished pre-school
_____________________

Today's entertaining site: http://www.eyeglasses.com/monocle_eyewear/
Its going on my birthday wish list. Cause I need one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

I the point to the ode, but not the title...

10:36 AM, June 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home