A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Beast of Burden

Yesterday I worked a few hours at the mall filling in for some people who were on vacation, right? Not a problem, even though it meant a 12 hour day. Nor was it a problem when the lady who ordered a $800 Art Impressions sculpture came in to pay the remainder and take it home. Nor was it a problem when I had to close the store to carry it out to her car, as it is a 3' x 3' x 3' box that weighs about 60-70 lbs. What was a problem was that as we walked through Sears with me carrying the box on the way to her car was that she stopped to look at clothes. Let me repeat that. She stopped....to look....at clothes.

Oh yes, she did. We're wandering along, and she's commenting on the attractive appearance and reasonable prices of some women's suit coats/blazers. Which brings me to my second problem. They were hideous. How can someone with such good taste in sculpture have such bad taste in clothing. I just wanted to say "ma'am, that bright yellow polyester blazer with brighter yellow hawaiian flowers on it is not 'pretty'. It is, in fact, something a clown would wear. And if you do not get your kiester out the door to your car in five seconds, I am going to bludgeon you with this oh-so-heavy box."

But I didn't. Cause that would be bad for customer relations.

So we make it to her two-door BMW. Which brings us to problem number three. There is no way that the box is going to fit in its current state. The trunk opening is a foot across. Even I, thin as I am, would be hard-pressed to fit in these doors. The box will not fit. So then its a battle to get the sculpture out of the box, into the car, and then break down the packaging so it fits in the trunk. All the while blazer b**** is providing useful comments like "that looks heavy" or "I should have brought the big car" and of course "maybe if you turned it the other way...?"

When my hordes of blood-thirsy minions darken the land (Phase 4), she'll be one of the first on my list. It'll look like a Capital One commercial (what's in your wallet?) only she doesn't carry a Capital One. *maniacal laughter*

I'm glad its Friday. Today I do laundry, and tomorrow I go out with Nyx, see Batman, and give my brother his birthday present. Sunday it looks like I'm working at the mall again, which sucks, but I need the hours from the time I missed for the Blade Show.

http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=300048
These are the boots I want to buy, once I have money again. Cause they're pretty sweet....they're awesome...those shoes, they're...they're incredible...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home