A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Death to Piggies!

So last night Nyx and I rented this video game (yes, we're the nerdiest couple ever) wherein you are a team of time-altering cats fighting the nefarious theiving pig gang. Which makes one wonder what they were on when they thought this up? Or is there a long-standing hatred between cats and pigs I am unaware of? And wouldn't cats be the last creatures on Earth that would willingly wield a hand-held vacuum cleaner for a weapon? And furthermore, there is a sequel. There are people in the industry who decided it was a good idea to make another one.

Afterwards we watched Disney's Atlantis, which was fun. I had never seen it. Nyx was amused that I willingly accepted all the weirdness, the giant mechanical lobsters, the glowing magic crystals, the exploding fire bugs, but was outraged when they tried to make us believe that a gigantic iron drilling vehicle went over a wooden plank and rope bridge over lava without even causing the bridge to even jiggle a little bit. The thing had to weigh at least 3 or 4 tons. Its this kind of thing that gives fantasy movies a bad rap. It makes it less realistic. The most successful stories/movies/fantasies I have found are ones where logic is used; where there is a possibility that it could happen, and if it did, it would happen exactly like that. And where rules such as gravity and the strength of 5000-year-old wood still apply. But that's just my opinion.

And now I'm back at work, adjusting inventories and dealing with order crises. Today for lunch, I have a hotdog, nutri-grain bar, and oreos. Does a body good. And pretty normal for me, who has been known to make a meal of 4 chocolate eclairs and a flagon of mead.

1 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

You are the only person I know that uses the words "flagon" and "mead" as part of your everyday language. I suppose this is another sign you were born in the wrong century...

12:19 PM, June 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home