A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Vacation Time!

After work today, I hit the road for my beginning-of-summer sabbatical. This year I am going, in case you haven't been reading my posts (tsk!), to lovely sweltering humid thunderstormy Georgia. This weekend is the Atlanta Blade Show, which has become the grown-up version of Christmas morning for me. I'm all like, laying awake at night and telling other people about it in a bug-eyed "barely restrained excitement" kind-of way. It doesn't help that I get a VIP pass for free because of work. About time they got me some swag!

Its also exciting because I'll get to meet the knife industry's version of celebrities. How redneck nerd is that?! Don't worry, there will be pictures and a lengthly exposition when I return, if not sooner.

Also this weekend is the Georgia Renaissance Festival. Always good times. Hopefully it won't be too hot, but knowing Georgia, it will be...it will be...

It looks like Nyx and I are going to try to go to Boston for our anniversary at the end of July, but we'll see how that goes. What is there to do in Boston? Suggestions will be accepted. I think we want to hit Salem one day and look around, just generally get into trouble there, but other than that, can't think of a thing.

Today's site: http://www.worldofcheese.org/cheese/
I have this on my website's links page, but I thought I'd post it here as a refresher. Learn how Don Knotts and Mr. T teamed up to defeat the evil Skeletor. And is the Hamburglar really Richard Nixon? This site answers all your needs.

1 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

Go to Cheers!! (Granted, it's very small and dark but you won't ever forget it.)

2:00 PM, June 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home