A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Vacation Post

Last Thursday after work I took off and started the long drive down to Wake Forest, NC to meet up with Ishy, with whom I would crash and then carpool with to Atlanta, GA. Five minutes on the road, and I was caught in a morass of traffic. At 2:30 in the afternoon. On a Thursday. I knew something was up. Two miles and twenty minutes later, I figured it out. All of 95 South was stopping to stare and laugh at a fool. I say that because a motorcyclist felt that he could somehow run into a dump truck full of dirt and not lose. He was unhurt, but his bike was totalled. Silly stupid man! Race against a dump truck and you win, race into a dump truck and you will invariably lose.

Made it to Wake Forest after that uneventfully. Watched Young Blades on PAX. Fun show. Slept and then woke up the next morning and we journeyed to Atlanta. Nice trip, although it rained 90% of the way there. And I came to realize that I should have packed a pair of shorts, cause it was hot. I leave Maryland and its 65 degrees, and I get to Atlanta and its 95 degrees! What is the deal?

Met up with Behtia and we all went out for coffee Friday evening. Good times. Saturday was the *clap-clap...clap-clap-clap...clap-clap-clap-clap...blade show!" Lots of really really neat knives and swords and gadgets and things. I didn't purchase anything, but met a guy and set great things into motion. More on that as it develops. Also got to meet a bunch of really neat knife guys. Knife people fall into two categories: cool or psycho. Sometimes its a fine line, but not usually. The guys wearing camo and starting companies like Mercenary Mayhem are ones you want to steer clear of.

Sunday was the Georgia Renaissance Festival. Luckily for me it was cloudy most of the time and I got no sunburn. Let me repeat that. I got no sunburn. How awesome is that?! I was thrilled. Saw the Hack & Slash show, which was especially great, as they blew up some SpamLite with a black powder pistol. Can't beat that! I also got the rest of my shopping for family birthdays done. Brothers are so easy to shop for.

Monday was the long long journey back. I listened to The Gunslinger by Stephen King on CD. Good book. I'm going to try and find the second in the series. Ends up I am tired and a little sore today, but feeling alright. Nyx is coming up this afternoon for a brief visit. We're discussing our travel options for later this summer, and she is excited about a potential job opportunity.

Not much else going on...it looks like business back to usual. Looking forward to Batman Begins which opens next week. And I am rereading Harry Potter and coming up with some interesting theories...one is that the Half-Blood Prince is probably Hagrid; although other options are Seamus Finnigan, Tonks (unless she dies in book 5, I can't remember), or someone really obscure. The other theory is that of Voldemort's ultimate destruction. At the end of book 4, Dumbledore has a brief look of triumph when Harry mentions that Voldemort used his blood in his resurrection potion...makes me think that perhaps it is going to be an ingredient in a potion that will span all books and lead to Voldemort's destruction. Other ingredients might include a sorcerer's stone potion, Tom Riddle's diary, etc. You get the picture. It'd be a neat way to tie everything together and give Dumbledore mad props for seeing the big picture.

That is all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously -- you don't think you can drop big hints about setting things in motion and just leave it at that do you? SPILL!
La

4:09 PM, June 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home