A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Butt-heads and Batarangs

Friday I was so glad to get home. It was exactly the evening I needed. Did a bit of cleaning, a bit of laundry, and then watched the ridiculous and historically inaccurate antics presented by Troy, a film I will never watch again.

Saturday Nyx and I went to see Batman Begins. Let me tell you people, that was the best movie I've seen in a long, long time. It was how Batman should have been done since the beginning, athough I will say that they had some of their Batman lore incorrect. Batman did not train under Ra's Al Ghul, Lucius Fox did not provide the Batmobile, and Rachel did not even exist in the equation. Arkham Asylum is a huge scary castle outside of town, not a factory-looking thing 200 yards from Wayne Tower. So yeah, small inaccuracies for the nerds in the audience, but a lot better than any of the other films. And the acting and directing were superb.

After that on Saturday we went by a comic book shop and spent about an hour. I picked up some missing isses of PvP, and a copy of the Midnight Nation trade. Both are excellent.

Sunday I worked at the store, as we have many people on vacation. Did really good in sales, but I keep forgetting how stupid people are. A lot of people who came in had this glazed "brain permanently on a test-pattern" look. There was one lad, perhaps 15 or 16 years of age, with a wee tiny head and a slack jaw who did not know what a battleaxe is. For a boy of any age not to know what a battleaxe is seems to me to be some kind of code violation or something. And my Sunday went downhill from there.

Really don't want to be at work today. Bad morning. Perhaps I will take a mental health day this week. We'll see how the rest of today goes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree. BB was fantastic and all the things the first batch of films ought to have been. Though there is still a warm spot in my heart for the first Batman film.

La

2:19 PM, June 20, 2005  
Blogger Red said...

We went to see Batman as well and the audience clapped when it was over - it was somewhat of a shock since I can't remember the last time an audience clapped at a movie.

7:18 AM, June 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home