A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Purple Toupee

The title is the name of a They Might Be Giants song...the song that reminds me of the girl I dated back in winter/spring of 2003...we'll call her "Liza". Liza did not have a purple toupee, per se, but I bought the song and listened to it in the car with Liza, who ridiculed it mercilessly. Making fun of TMBG is not the way to get on my good side. There's a tip for all prospective females out there.

For those of you who don't know (which is probably all of you, who am I kidding) Liza and I went out for a few months, but she had more than the maximum amount of emotional baggage, which is not, not something I will tolerate again. Anyway...it came down to it that she was spending all her weekends visiting "friends" (I don't want to know) in Virginia Beach, got fired, wrecked her '03 Mustang convertible, and moved down there permanently, which was how we broke up. The twist is that since then she's called or e-mailed from time to time, usually when I'm on a date with someone else (cosmic joke on someone there), and has been hinting that she's still interested. Not enough to move back or even come visit, thank the Lord, but its still annoying. But basically, this is 1/3 of the reason that 2003 has become The Year Stricken From All Memory Forever or something to that effect.

I bring this up because Liza has once again tracked me down and is instigating heartburn and darn if I'm not fresh out of antacids. I think I've been entirely too nice about it. And she is a nice person, but I just can't deal with the jerking around of the emotions anymore. Y'all smell what I'm shoveling here? Anyway, I blocked 3 of her phone numbers, but she pulled out #4 and got ahold of me. So I'll have to get nasty if she keeps this up.

In other news, my sister Jean has an infected cut on her finger that's really nasty...she was in the ER 2 nights ago and saw a hand surgeon (is there such a thing as a butt surgeon? what do you put on your business card?) yesterday afternoon. Otherwise the family is fine. Mom and Dad are going on a trip out west with their college friends for their anniversary. So the house should be quiet for awhile.

For a real hootenanny, go to http://www.wafflehouse.com/musicmachine.htm
There you can listen to samples of such hits as There are Raisins in My Toast, 844739 Ways to Eat a Hamburger, and of course, the Waffle Do Wop. You laugh, but I'm not making this up.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's time to put the smack down on "Liza". As possibily the only person who met her, I think I can speak up here. I would like to second the plan for totally forgetting 2003. Lord what a year!

If she gets ahold you you again, please please tell her you are in a long term relationship and are not interested. Please!

La

4:23 PM, June 22, 2005  
Blogger bad apologies said...

On another note, you pique a topic I've been mulling -- things I want in a lover. Would you say appreciation of TMBG would be one of yours? I'm looking for ideas? We're not talking deep here, they can be small examples of a broader quality (like qwerky, in this example).

3:57 PM, June 27, 2005  
Blogger bad apologies said...

Oh, and Liza sucks. The worst I've ever done is resort to a secondary number to call when I've been blocked. Tell her you're married.

3:57 PM, June 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home