A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Bloggy Goodness

Ah yes. Monday once again. But I don't mind this Monday. Because many exciting fun goody good things are happening this week! Let us list them.

1. Sunday-saw Fantastic Four and it didn't suck.

2. Chocolate Factory comes out on Friday, directed by Tim "everyone appearing in my movies must appear to be paler than I am" Burton, which I will go see with Poppy Girl.

3. Saturday Harry Potter is released, which is always a good time.

4. Next Monday is my birthday! Woot! I'm so old. I feel like, ten thousand years older than sand. But it should be fun. I don't have anything planned, and I forgot to put a monocle on my birthday wish list, but I've never had a bad birthday.

This past weekend wasn't too exciting...I think the highlight was going to Bennigan's and having chicken strips. They're really good. Was considering getting a flagon of mead (which they have!) but their drinks are really expensive. Ridiculously expensive. Also went to Cold Stone and ate approximately five pounds of fudge-swirled caked-mixed-in ice cream. Was on a sugar rush until about 3 a.m. this morning. Let me explain about the sizes at Cold Stone. They have "like it", which is about 2 cups of ice cream, "love it", which (for only a penny more!) is about 4 cups of ice cream, and the size of legend, "want some more of it", which is literally a plastic bucket of ice cream. Now, on this particular visit, there was a young lady of shall we say prodigious girth ahead of us in line. Can you guess what size she got? Oh yes. She waddled out with a bucket of ice cream, hot fudge running down the side. Can we deduce how she reached said rotundity? I believe we can. I am not a mean person usually, but I really wanted to go smack the bucket out of her hand and tell her to exercise or something. And she had the entire thing eaten in about 20 minutes. That's not right. Or am I just being mean and judgemental? Who knows.

Today's site is http://www.englandsmedievalfestival.com/ England's largest medieval festival, which I really really want to go to, as its at an actual castle and not a plywood castle facade (no offense to our festivals) and it looks like a lot of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home