A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Finally!

So blogger.com has been having server issues for some reason...thus the lack of posting recently!

Not much going on anyway...Nyx is in the midwest for her grandfather's funeral this week. Its been rough for the last few weeks here because of the stuff going on with that.

Went to dinner with my great aunt on Tuesday, which was nice, even though she drives me insane. She calls our house multiple times per day and asks the following:

"How are you? You the only one home? So your mom's not there? And your dad's not there? And Jean's not there? And neither of the boys? You're there all alone? Is it raining over there? Yeah, its raining here too (she lives about a mile and a half away). Well, I was just calling to see how y'all were doing."

Assuming her hearing aid is turned up and you don't have to scream into the phone, it still gets old pretty fast. And you know you'll have to go through it all again in less than 24 hours.

Also Tuesday I mowed the lawn, which was good times. I felt all productive and stuff. Wednesday I did nothing except work. Yesterday I should have cleaned the house, but instead I watched Men of Honor two times in a row. Yesterday was weird. Then last night I dreamed I got some debilitating cancer, so they shipped me to a gulag in Norway (like you do) and I was about to give up hope when I uncovered a world domination plot, so I became a superhero (still with debilitating cancer) and proceeded to kick butt despite getting heckled for being so weak. Strange day.

Today is more relaxing at work. I still have tons to do, but none of the higher-ups are here, so I can goof off. Also, we got a temp worker in who's really cute. In an office of knife guys and aged secretaries, a nubile feminine presence is nice once in a while.

One of said aged secretaries, one Bitsy by name, is nuts. She's like, 45, has a beer gut, is none too bright, and thinks she's cool or something. Nice person, mind you, but only in moderation. So me and the IT guy were joking about having a party and she said there should be naked Twister. And then proceeded to tell us about the time she played naked Twister. At this point the left side of my brain turned to the right side of my brain and said "Its dark in here; and we may die." Seriously! What makes her think me and the IT guy want to know about her nasty naked twisting goings-on?! Too much information.

That said, I'm glad its the weekend. Furthermore, I am glad its an especially great weekend wherein there is so much cool stuff coming out, and in addition, my birthday! Next weekend I'll be on vacation. I have a paycheck and my bills are already paid this month. Woot!

For your listening pleasure: http://www.vivalavoce.com/ Streaming opera and classical choral (or perhaps choral classical....) music for your enjoyment. Aaahhhh...sooothing....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home