A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Swag & Lucre

Hey, that's a good name for a band...now opening for Creed...Swag....and...Lucrrrrrre! It would totally work.

Today is my birthday! I am 28 years old now. Late 20's. Senility is setting in, etc. Yesterday was my birthday dinner with the family, however, so I got all my loot then. Good haul this year! KotOR II for X-Box, some Wheel of Time books cause mine are disintegrating and I want to keep the set, cartoons and Dukes of Hazzard on DVD, some snazzy new clothes, sandals, Harry Potter (of course!), and my sister gave me a wee pet turtle. Such a good sibling sometimes. I am trying to decide on a name right now...leaning towards "Treacle".

Many thanks to all the birthday well-wishers! I have received several e-cards, each of which was a hoot and was watched several times. You guys have brought light-hearted amusement on what would otherwise be a dreary Monday at work. :)

Tonight's endeavor: to finish Harry Potter. I read about 250 pages yesterday, and still have a bunch to go. It'll get done. Other plans this week include work, work, and possibly work, although I'll have to check my schedule on that last one. Friday, with any luck, will be vacation! Which I really really need.

Today's site: http://coolstuffnola.com/index.htm Ridiculously overpriced bad 60's and 70's furniture. Laugh at anyone who would pay three grand for a checked formica desk.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for naming your turtle Bucket. It's even funnier for a turtle!

La

1:51 PM, July 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home